On October, the 19th 2016 the student council elections started. Ms. Feely held the election. Classes from 1st year to 6th year were called to the hall with their teacher to vote for the person they thought would be suitable for the student council. They were given papers with the candidate’s name on it. Candidates could vote to. After they voted they were sent back to class.
On October, the 12th 2016 the members of the student council were called out on the intercom from 6th year to 1st year in this order:
• 6th year: Jacob Ebenezer, Rebecca Daly, Patrick Downey and Linda Tansey
• 5th year: Tesleem Sadiku, Aishat Alli, Topman Ademale and Ehita Idemudia
• 3rd year: Patrick Mc Donagh, Alicia Byrne, Mya Deegan and Chloe O’ Faolain
• 2nd year: Andrew O’ Connor, Josh Doyle, Toni Halpin, Julianne Androde
• 1st year: Callum Fitzgerald, Jasmine Deary, Carl Dunbar and Connor M’ Killian
At 2pm a man called Pat Murphy came to the library to hold a student council workshop until 4pm. They voted who would be the: • Chairperson • Secretary • Treasure • PRO (Public Relations Officer)
• Chairperson- Jacob Ebenezer
• Secretary- Rebecca Daly
• Treasure- Linda Tansey
• PRO- Aishat Alli and Mya Deegan
He gave them respectable advice and they had a good time.
If you have any suggestions on how to improve the school for the students contact your student council rep!
By Rilwan Gbadamosi (2nd Year)